Google Instant or Predicted Queries - Not Quite There Yet

I doubt you could have missed the Google search interface change today. I like the feel of it and appreciate that they are really using my broadband connection. Hooray! I wonder if Comcast is cheering about the additional bandwidth usage?

The New York Times said "it's as if [Google] is reading your mind." I don't agree with that. To me it's more like Google is telling me what other people are thinking.

Google says the new interface is speeding up your search activity. Maybe. Google is definitely speeding up the rate at which they can show me ads. That's probably the bigger deal for the company. As a shareholder I hope other investors think the same way.

Even though I like it and despite all the hoopla, it's an incremental improvement versus the automatic query form filling they were doing yesterday. I'm disappointed because the change is so small. What I would have liked to see is Google going further and predicting what my next search queries will be based on the current one. Perhaps even predicting where my "search path" will end. They already have that information too based on the search logs of the billions of other people who use Google. Googlers are you listening? The "I'm Feeling Lucky" button could be so much more cool. Am I the only one thinking this? Let me Google that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 Lexus ES 350 Electronics Review

Firmware update 320ABBF0 for ADATA AS511S3-120GM-C works (ADATA S511 Firmware Update)

Acer Aspire Revo 3700 and XBMC