A Blemish On My Soul

My Lexus just turned two years old. We've had a good two years together. Even though I can't use the navigation system I've always taken comfort in the fact that the rest of the car is pretty much perfect. However that all changed a month ago when we went to the car wash.

I was sitting on my usual spot watching the cars go through the giant blow dryer. I saw my black Lexus come out of the big car washing machine. One of the car wash boss guys was looking at my car. He pointed to one of other workers, then to my car, then made a motion indicating that the car needed a redo. So my car went through the wash again.

The second time through I looked closer at my car and noticed that some of the spots on the car didn't come off. Oh the horror.

A Spot Where the Lexus Paint is Etched
At home I got out the polish and  worked on the spots. I got most off. But a few remained. Check out one them in the photo. On a side note, it's surprisingly hard to get a good picture of paint up close. It's a lot like a mirror.

I realize that I got something on my car that caused the problem but it wasn't anything that I noticed in between washes. That is, it wasn't bird droppings.

Anyway, so there it is, I have a few blemishes on my relatively new Lexus paint job. Also, since I had Perma Plate put on I wonder if that stuff actually does anything? Anyone else have a fragile black 2008 Lexus paint job?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 Lexus ES 350 Electronics Review

Firmware update 320ABBF0 for ADATA AS511S3-120GM-C works (ADATA S511 Firmware Update)

Acer Aspire Revo 3700 and XBMC